Saturday, August 25, 2007

Pilgrimage to Israel

8/25/2007
I just got my notice that I will be able to go to Haifa, Israel for pilgrimage and I cannotwait. From the world center, "The mail purpose of all Baha'is who visit the Holy Land is to pray and meditate in the Sacred Shrines of Baha'u'llah, the Bab and "abdu'l-Baha. To receive this bounty of visiting the Holy Places at the Baha'i World Centre is an inestimable privilege, infintely precious to every Baha'i pigrim." The Baha'i World Centere has reccommended a couple of books to prepare for the trip. On is God Passes By and the other is the Door of Hope. I'll keep you informed about the readings.

Needless to say my family is nervous about me going to Israel at this time. Hopefully my wireless card will work and I can keep them updated via this blog. Plus, my cell phone will work in Israel.

1 comment:

Brianna's blog said...

I'm still excited about going to Israel, but nervous that Bush will declare WW 3.My family is still not excited about me traveling to the middle east... I found a ticket on British Air for $1400 and am asking a travel agent is she can find anyting cheaper. Fortunately, my jobs are working with me taking so much time off.